Christie of ChristieLegal Practices Transformative and Facilitative Mediation to Help Settle MN Divorce and Custody Cases
Christie of ChristieLegal practices transformative and facilitative mediation for MN divorce and custody cases.
Christie starts with transformative mediation practices because it’s more likely to lead to an agreement that will last longer than the end of the divorce or custody case. The goal of transformative mediation is to help people better understand each other’s thoughts & feelings about the issues in the divorce or custody case. When people better understand each other, they’re more likely to be able to reach an agreement that’s agreeable to both parties. When people reach an agreement that they buy into, instead of it being forced upon them by the court, they will be less likely to want to take each other to court every year or so for custody issues. When people buy into an agreement, they are more likely to stick to it.
Christie moves to facilitative mediation practices after the people seem to understand each other’s points of view on the issues. The goal is to help people reach agreements on the unresolved issues in the divorce or custody case.
Christie is a MN family law paralegal, as well, so she has knowledge of MN divorce and custody laws. As a result, people can use her as a resource for what the laws are about an issue during mediation. However, since Christie is a paralegal, not an attorney, and she will be acting as a mediator, she cannot give the parties legal advice on how they should apply the law to their case issue(s).
Cost of Mediation With ChristieLegal
- ChristieLegal’s regular fee rate is $195 per hour.
- ChristieLegal’s 20% discounted fee rate for her heroes – military members, law enforcement & corrections officers, firefighters, ETMs, teachers, psychologists, social workers, and veterans of those careers – and moderate-income folks is $156 per hour. Her 10% discounted rate for manual labor workers is $175 per hour.
- ChristieLegal requires to be paid for a minimum of 2 hours of service, which includes the 1 hour total premeditation interviews of both of the parties, if you folks would like that to happen.
Policies of ChristieLegal Regarding Mediation Service
- If you can no longer mediate during your scheduled mediation time or no longer need to mediate since your case has settled, then please cancel the mediation at least 24 hours ahead of time. If you don’t cancel your mediation within 24 hours of the mediation time, then you will be charged for the premeditation interviews and 1/2 of the mediation time.
- Fees for mediation services are paid upfront. If during the mediation you folks decide that you’d like to mediate for up to 2 additional hours and I’m available to do so, then that’s possible, if the cost of the additional mediation service time is paid electronically before the mediation continues.
Few of the Officenters Locations in Twin Cities, MN
Locations That ChristieLegal Provides Mediation Services At
Christie provides divorce and/or custody mediation services at the following locations:
- online using Zoom online conferencing service; and
- on the phone, which isn’t preferable since the parties cannot see each other, which inhibits mediation breakthrough opportunities.
When COVID-19 pandemic is under control, she will also provide mediation services at the following locations:
- 7 Officenters locations throughout Twin Cities, including Bloomington near airport, Bloomington West, Edina, Minnetonka, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis North Loop, and Woodbury; http://www.officenters.com/locations;
- client’s(s’) home or private office; and
- other conference room space that’s provided by a client.
How To Obtain MN Divorce and/or Custody Mediation Services from ChristieLegal
- Please schedule a FREE up to 1 hour phone initial consultation with Christie of ChristieLegal by emailing (email@example.com) or texting (651-775-7899) her your availability to talk during her business hours during the next 5 days or scheduling it using her Calendly tool, https://calendly.com/ChristieLegalMN. Please tell her what type of family law case you’re in need of mediation services for.
- During the initial consultation, ask questions regarding how Christie would handle your mediation and provide Christie with info. regarding your family law case.
- Provide Christie with a signed Agreement to Mediate and down payment. Then, each party would individually schedule a premediation interview with ChristieLegal using the Calendly tool.
I look forward to helping you better understand each other’s points of view and then reach agreements on some or all of the issues of your divorce or custody case!