Christie of ChristieLegal Practices Transformative & Facilitative Mediation to Help Settle Family Law Cases
Christie of ChristieLegal practices transformative & facilitative mediation for family law cases.
Christie starts with transformative mediation practices because it’s more likely to lead to an agreement that will last longer than the end of the divorce or custody case. The goal of transformative mediation is to help people better understand each other’s thoughts & feelings about the issues in the divorce or custody case. When people better understand each other, they’re more likely to be able to reach an agreement that’s agreeable to both parties. When people reach an agreement that they buy into, instead of it being forced upon them by the court, they will be less likely to want to take each other to court every year or so for custody issues. When people buy into an agreement, they are more likely to stick to it.
Christie moves to facilitative mediation practices after the people seem to understand each other’s points of view on the issues. The goal is to help people reach agreements on the unresolved issues in the divorce or custody case.
Christie is a family law paralegal, as well, so she has knowledge of divorce & custody laws. As a result, people can use her as a resource for what the laws are about an issue during mediation. However, since Christie is a paralegal, not an attorney, and she will be acting as a mediator, she cannot give the parties legal advice on how they should apply the law to their case issue(s).
Cost of Mediation With ChristieLegal
- ChristieLegal’s regular rate is $125 per hour.
- ChristieLegal’s discounted rate for her heroes – military members, law enforcement & corrections officers, firefighters, teachers, psychologists, social workers, & veterans of those careers – & moderate-income folks is $100 per hour.
- ChristieLegal requires to be paid for a minimum of 2 hours of service, which includes the 1 hour total premeditation interviews of both of the parties.
Policies of ChristieLegal Regarding Mediation Service
- If you can no longer mediate during your scheduled mediation time or no longer need to mediate since your case has settled, then please cancel the mediation 24 hours or more ahead of time. If you don’t cancel your mediation within 24 hours of the mediation time, then you will be charged for the premeditation interviews and 1/4 of the mediation time. In addition, the rest of the down payment will be nonrefundable, but can be applied to the rescheduled mediation’s expense.
- Most fees for mediation services are paid upfront. I’m a solopreneur and I charge less than half as much as the average mediator, so I cannot afford to bill clients. However, if during the mediation you folks decide that you’d like to mediate for up to 2 additional hours and I’m available to do so, then the cost of the additional mediation services will be billed and must be paid within 1 week. The late payment and nonpayment for services policies that apply to my paralegal services apply to my mediation service, as well.
Few of the Officenters Locations in Twin Cities, MN
Locations That Christie Provides Mediation Services At
Christie provides mediation services to clients at the following locations:
- 7 Officenters locations throughout Twin Cities, including Bloomington near airport, Bloomington West, Edina, Minnetonka, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis North Loop, and Woodbury; http://www.officenters.com/locations;
- client’s(s’) home or private office; and
- other conference room space that’s provided by a client.
How To Obtain Mediation Services from ChristieLegal
- Please schedule a FREE up to 1 hour phone initial consultation with Christie of ChristieLegal using Calendly at (please click on the colored underline). Please tell her what type of family law case you’re in need of mediation services for.
- During the initial consultation, ask questions regarding how Christie would handle your mediation and provide Christie with info. regarding your family law case.
- Provide Christie with a signed Agreement to Mediate and down payment. Then, each party would individually schedule a premediation interview with Christie using Calendly.
I look forward to helping you better understand each other’s points of view and then reach agreements on some or all of the issues of your divorce or custody case!