Why Christie Is Passionate About Working in Family Law
Christie is passionate about working in family law – divorce, custody, and child support modification – because nothing is more important to your social, emotional, spiritual, physical, and career/financial success than having in a healthy long-term romantic relationship and being able to regularly spend adequate time with your children. Who you partner with is the most important decision that you will make because that person could improve your life financially, socially, and spiritually or destroy it!
Why Christie Is Highly Qualified to Work in Family Law
Christie’s Work Experience
- I have been working for people who have or would like to start a child custody, child support, divorce, and/or grandparent visitation case in family court in Minnesota since February 2013. I work out of my home in Cottage Grove.
- I worked as a family law paralegal for Shannon M. Fitzpatrick, J.D., of Minneapolis from March 2012 to January 2014. I assisted her with child custody, child support, divorce, and grandparent visitation cases. During that time, I gained experience working with many people and organizations, including custody evaluators, parenting consultants, financial institutions, credit card companies, credit reporting agencies, real estate property recorders’ offices, real estate property and personal property evaluators, child support offices, and family law and child support courts. I worked mostly out of my home in Cottage Grove.
- I worked as a family law paralegal for Matthew E. Ludt, J. D., of Stillwater from May 2014 to August 2015. I assisted him with divorce, child custody, and child support cases. I worked out of my home in Cottage Grove.
- In addition, I was a personal bankruptcy prefiling paralegal at Lamey Law Firm in Oakdale in 2011.
Christie’s Education and Training
- On-the-job training provided by Shannon M. Fitzpatrick, J. D., then in Minneapolis, Minnesota, from March 2012 to January 2014 and Matthew E. Ludt, J.D., Stillwater, Minnesota, from May 2014 to August 2015;
- Continuing Legal Education classes and other trainings offered by Minnesota Paralegal Association and Minnesota State, Ramsey County, and Hennepin County Bar Associations; on going;
- Hamline University – Paralegal Certificate, including applicable courses in Civil Litigation, Real Estate Law, Criminal Law, Legal Research and Writing, Rules of Evidence, and Alternative Dispute Resolution and an internship at Dougherty, Molenda, Solfest, Hills, & Bauer in Apple Valley, Minnesota learning and working in estate, probate, real estate, business, and personal injury law; 4.0 g.p.a.; 2009; basic estate law knowledge self-taught;
- Minnesota Correctional System – investigation and writing trainings; 2006; and
- Hamline University – B. A. in Political Science Public Service and Legal Studies Minor; 1995; 3.74 g.p.a.; Mock Trial – made it to regional competition yearly 1991 to 1995.
Christie’s Honors & Awards
- Pi Gamma Mu, international social sciences honor society for undergraduate college students – 1993.
- Dean’s List at Hamline University – every semester while earning B.A. from 1991 to 1995 and and Paralegal Certificate from 2008 to 2009.
Professional Associations and Groups that Christie Belongs To
- Minnesota State Bar Association since 2013.
- Minnesota Legal Professionals (legal networking group that I lead) since 2011.
- ChristieLegal has saved each client thousands to tens of thousands of dollars compared to hiring an attorney! Attorneys charge $200 to $550 per hour, and she charges $85 per hour. In addition, she provides a 20% discount for her heroes – Service members and Veterans, law enforcement and corrections officers, firefighters, mental health workers, social workers, teachers, and musicians and other artists – and low-income folks. Lastly, the divorce process is usually longer when attorneys are involved because more legal steps are required when each party obtains an attorney and attorneys are less likely to encourage their client to settle with the other party.
- ChristieLegal has had many satisfied clients. Here are recommendations / reviews from a few of them:
“I highly recommend Christie L. Thompson, paralegal, as a highly skilled family law professional. Christie was a godsend in assisting my ex-husband and I to achieve an amicable, inexpensive, and speedy divorce. Her meticulous work on our divorce petition was deemed impeccable by the judge, which meant we did not need to set a court date since our divorce was accepted on the first proposal. I am very grateful for her ability to bring a calm resolution at a difficult time.” – Deborah Cavitt, St. Paul, MN, on http://www.linkedin.com/in/christielthompson in July 2014
“Christie came highly recommended to me by a very well respected attorney. She assisted me in becoming familiar with the timing regarding the filing of divorce documents, so that I could clearly make the next steps. She really knows her stuff! Her knowledge and experience makes her a reliable paralegal. Christie is also helpful in a competent and compassionate way. She went above and beyond and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Christie to someone else who’s looking for a fantastic family law paralegal.” – Paul Jeannotte, Minneapolis, MN, on http://www.linkedin.com/in/christielthompson in November 2015
“After 8 years, my ex-wife and I made the difficult decision to finally get a divorce. My ex-wife was looking into lawyers that were asking for $4,000 up front, and I hadn’t even begun looking. Since my wife and I were nearly on the same page in dividing our assets, I suggested that we use Christie as a paralegal. Not only did we save nearly $10,000 dollars and months of fighting using Christie, but she also guided us through all the steps necessary to get to the end point as quickly and easy as possible. Christie articulated exactly what we would need to decide and brought up things that we hadn’t even thought of. When we submitted the divorce documents, there were no issues and the divorce process was quick. Using Christie is will save you thousands of dollars and headaches, and you won’t regret it.” – Joe G., Minneapolis, MN, in April 2016
“Christie was wonderful. A kind and supportive professional that will guide you through one of the harder experiences in life. I have recommended her to others already.” – Colin A., S. St. Paul, MN, on http://www.yelp.com in August 2016
“I didn’t realize that Christie’s position even existed. I always thought divorce meant shelling out a lot of money and paying lawyers and it being a dirty process. It still is…don’t get me wrong, but she made it much more “easy” than I had anticipated. She explained the whole process and had great communication throughout. The price was much better than hiring a lawyer which was definitely a driving force. Thanks again Christie!” and “My ex and I worked with Christie to write our divorce decree in 2015. It was a difficult time but she made it less painful. She was prompt, fair, has personal and professional experience, and did a healthy amount of questioning to be sure my ex and I knew what we wanted. This is the way to go if you don’t want to get lawyers involved and is definitely more affordable.” – Amy Anderson, Minneapolis, MN, on http://www.linkedin.com/in/christielthompson in June 2018 and http://www.facebook/ChristieLegalMN/reviews in August 2017
“Christie worked with me through this most difficult process. She explained everything and made this whole thing less painful to me. I would recommend Christie to anyone who goes through this.” – Mary Mann, Cottage Grove, MN, in June 2018, http://www.facebook.com/ChristieLegalMN/reviews.
How To Obtain Paralegal Services from ChristieLegal
- Contact Christie and tell her that you’d like a free 30 minutes initial consultation and what service(s) you’re interested in having her do. Here’s how to reach Christie to schedule the initial consultation: email at firstname.lastname@example.org or text to (651)775-7899 or message to http://www.linkedin.com/in/christielthompson.
- During the initial consultation, ask questions regarding how Christie would handle your legal situation and the legal process for meeting your needs and answer questions and otherwise provide info. regarding your legal situation.
- Provide Christie with a signed Contract, down payment, and case type specific questionnaire completed to the best of your abilities.